Sign up for Great Value Deals & Latest Offers

Call for FREE Help & Advice

01246 221717

coarse fishing holidays
Sea Fishing with dave Lewis
coarse and pike fishing
Men holding a Sturgeon
coarse fishing with john horsey
Fishing in Ireland
Coarse & Pike Fishing in Sweden

Coarse & Pike Fishing in Sweden

Rich and productive waters amongst stunning scenery - excellent fishing location for pike and asp.

young moose feeds in field sweden/
angler holds a big asp in sweden/
sunset on a swedish lake/
anglers holds a big swedish pike/

a big pike caught in sweden

Sweden is a firm favourite at Anglers World first promoted by us three decades ago. Probably one of the most undersold fishing locations for pike and asp fishing. Cold winters and hot summers ensure rich and productive waters. Fishing here is excellent, some of the best in Europe, from late May to mid September. Prime season is in the hotter summer months of June, July and August. Waters are generally clear, reed fringed, with a huge natural head of coarse fish. Pre baiting is critical and particle is much better than using lots of groundbait. Stewed wheat is by far the most successful particle feed and its cheap. Big waters and huge natural fish stocks demand plenty of particle feed.

Let's be factual – there are no ferries direct from the UK to Sweden. You take the Hull/Rotterdam overnight cruise sailing (with cabins) and drive into Sweden via Germany and Denmark (around a 14 hour drive). It is feasible to drive from your arrival port to your destination the same day, especially if you can share the driving, alternatively it is also possible to break your journey en-route.

With such a stunningly beautiful destination, vast amounts of space, great value and the best fishing potential in Europe it is worth the effort.

Ensure your passport is valid for your trip. Most destinations insist that your passport must have an expiry date at least 6 months after your return flight. It is important that you check both your issue date and expiry date on your passport. If you have renewed your passport early in the past, the passport office could have added these extra months to your expiry date. Some countries, particularly in the EU, do not recognise these extra months. You should assume that your passport validity is 10 years from the date of issue.  

Driving: You need to take your Great Britain or Northern Ireland driving licence with you to drive abroad. You also need to take your logbook (V5C) and your insurance certificate. If you are taking a vehicle abroad that you have hired or leased in the UK, you will need a VE103 certificate.

You might need an international driving permit (IDP) to drive in some countries. Check online if this is required at or alternatively contact your own insurance company.
You are able to buy IDPs over the counter at the Post Office. You might need one for each country you are visiting.

Make sure you follow overseas driving rules, including local speed limits and drink driving laws. You may be breaking the law and get a fine if you do not. Depending on the country you are visiting, you may need:
• extra equipment - for example, you need a reflective jacket and a warning triangle in many countries
• emission stickers (permits) in some European cities - you may need to buy these weeks before you go abroad
• headlight converter stickers
• UK sticker. From 28 September 2021, you need a UK sticker instead of a GB sticker

Check out rules for driving in the EU on

Top Coarse Fishing Destinations in Sweden

Stay Updated

Sign up to our mailing list to keep up to date with out latest offers

Sign Up for Email Updates

Privacy promise: We will NEVER share your email address with any third party.

Top Coarse Fishing Destinations in Sweden