Terms and Conditions
YOUR CONTRACT IS WITH MJ & JE FOUNDS Trading Anglers World Holidays a Member of ABTA. (ABTA V1619). We are an ABTA BONDED travel OPERATOR. We act as agents for our ferry transport and accommodation suppliers and their terms of conditions are applicable. We will willingly supply them upon request.
- Your holiday contract. When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. A contract will exist as soon as we issue our confirmation invoice once your deposit or full balance is paid. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions, which are governed by English Law, and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. You may, however, choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you live there and wish to do so. If you had not seen these terms and conditions when you made your booking and you are not happy to proceed with the booking now that you have seen them please return all documentation within 7 days of receiving these booking conditions. Your booking will be cancelled and your monies will be returned in full, provided you have not commenced your travel. This clause does not apply if your booking was made within 10 weeks of travel. Please read these terms before you book. You or any members of your party may cancel your holiday arrangements at any time. Do be aware that we incur charges from the moment you book your holiday with us. The non-refundable deposit is intended to protect us from such charges. Our standard deposit is £50 per person but this may be higher for selected holidays (i.e. more expensive/exclusive holidays. This will be detailed at the time of booking. Holidays made within 10 weeks of departure will require full payment. In view of the higher cost of charges levied by merchant suppliers on credit cards only. We reserve the right to decline payments on holiday balances in excess of £900 by this means. We happily accept payment by debit card, cheques, and direct bank payments.
- Your holiday price. 1) We reserve the right to alter the prices of any of the holidays shown on our website / in our brochures. You will be advised of the current price of the holiday that you wish to book at the time of booking and prior to your contract with us. 2) When you make your booking you must pay a deposit of £50 per person. Some holidays may require higher deposits and these will be specified at the time of booking. Some flights require the full flight ticket as payment and tickets will be issued to you immediately. The balance of the price of your travel arrangements must be paid at least 10 weeks before your departure date. If the deposit and/or balance is not paid in time, we reserve the right to cancel your travel arrangements. If the balance is not paid in time we shall retain your deposit. 3) The price of your travel arrangements is fully guaranteed and will not be subject to any surcharges. 4)All monies you pay to the travel agent are held by him on behalf and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust at all times. This is subject to the agent’s obligation to pay it to us for so long as we do not fail. If we fail, any money held at that time by the agent, or subsequently accepted from you by him, is and continues to be held on behalf of and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust without any obligation to pay that money to us.
- If you change your booking. If, after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, for example your chosen departure date or accommodation, we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking or your travel agent. You will may be asked to pay an administration charge of if further costs are incurred to us in making this alteration. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible. Note: Certain travel arrangements may not be changeable after a reservation has been made and any alteration request could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
- If you cancel your holiday. You, or any member of your party, may cancel your travel arrangements at any time. Written notification from the person who made the booking or your travel agent must be received at our offices. Since we incur costs in cancelling your travel arrangements, you will have to pay cancellation charges as follows: Period before departure Cancellation charge in which you notify us More than (70) days Deposit only (variable deposit based on holiday ingredients booked) More than (56) days 40% of holiday cost More than (30) days 80% of holiday cost Less than one day 100% of holiday cost Note: Our policy is to be as reasonable as possible but the amount we can refund will depend on charges levied to us by our suppliers. If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges. CLIENTS SHOULD ENSURE THEY BUY A SUITABLE TRAVEL INSURANCE POLICY.
- If we change or cancel your holiday. As we plan your holiday arrangements many months in advance we may occasionally have to make changes or cancel your booking and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Changes If we make a major change to your holiday, we will inform you or your travel agent as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure. You will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value) or cancelling your holiday and receiving a full refund of all monies paid. These options don’t apply for minor changes. Examples of minor changes include alteration of your outward/return flights by less than 12 hours, changes to aircraft type, change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard, changes of carriers. Please note that carriers such as airlines used in the brochure may be subject to change. Cancellation We will not cancel your travel arrangements less than 10 weeks before your departure date, except for reasons of force majeure or failure by you to pay the final balance. If your holiday is cancelled by us for other reasons you can either have a refund of all monies paid or accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us, if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value).In some cases we will pay compensation (see below). Insurance If we cancel or make a major change and you accept a refund, we will provide a full refund of your travel insurance premiums if you paid them to us and can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy. Compensation If we cancel or make a major change we will pay compensation as detailed below except where the major change or cancellation arises due to reasons of force majeure. The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so.
IF WE CANCEL OR MAKE A MAJOR CHANGE TO YOUR HOLIDAY
Period before departure in which we notify you
Amount you will receive from us
More than (70) days
More than (28) days
More than (7) days
Less than one day
Force Majeure We will not pay you compensation if we have to cancel or change your travel arrangements in any way because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control. These can include, for example, war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, epidemics and pandemics, unavoidable technical problems with transport.
- If you have a complaint. If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. your hotelier) and our resort representative immediately who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to our Customer Services Department at [insert address] giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. It is strongly recommended that you communicate any complaint to the supplier of the services as well as to our representative without delay and complete a report form whilst in a resort. If you fail to follow this simple procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you were in resort and this may affect your rights under this contract. Please also see clause 3 above on ABTA.
- Our liability to you. If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed by us or our suppliers we will pay you appropriate compensation if this has affected the enjoyment of your travel arrangements. However we will not be liable where any failure in the performance of the contract is due to you or a third party unconnected with the provision of the travel arrangements and where the failure is unforeseeable or unavoidable; or unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall. Our liability, except in cases involving death, injury or illness, shall be limited to a maximum of the cost of your travel arrangements. Our liability will also be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to (a) The contractual terms of the companies that provide the transportation for your travel arrangements. These terms are incorporated into this contract; and (b) Any relevant international convention, for example the Montreal Convention in respect of travel by air, the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea, the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limit the amount of compensation that you can claim for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of compensation contained in these or any conventions. You can ask for copies of the transport contractual terms, or the international conventions, from ourselves at 46 Knifesmithgate, Chesterfield, S401RQ.. Under EU law (Regulation 261/2004) you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from your airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details will be publicised at EU airports and available from airlines. However, reimbursement in such cases will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday cost from us. Your right to a refund and/or compensation from us is set out in clause 7. If any payments to you are due from us, any payment made to you by the airline will be deducted. NB this clause does not apply to any separate contracts that you may enter into for excursions or activities whilst on holiday.
- Prompt assistance in a resort. If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed as a result of failures attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services, or as a result of failures due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed as a result of failures attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services, or as a result of failures due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall, and you suffer an injury or other material loss, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is reasonable in the circumstances.
- Passport, visa and immigration requirements. Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
- Excursions. Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your package holiday provided by us.
This WEBSITE/brochure is our responsibility, as your tour operator. It is not issued on behalf of and does not commit the airlines/supplier mentioned herein or any airline whose services are used in the course of your travel arrangements. Please note that in accordance with Air Navigation Orders in order to qualify for infant status, a child must be under 2 years of age on the date of its return flight.
Important Information From The Foreign Office Before You Book and Travel.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) issues travel advice on destinations, which includes information on passports, visas, health, safety and security and much more. Take the time to access and read their advice before making and completing your holiday plans https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice